Desktop Support Engineer with POS terminal, PCI, security, antivirus, networking/switches and cloud apps experience
Location: Norman OK
Duration: 12 months
The University Club at the University of Oklahoma (http://theuclub-ou.com/) is seeking on-site technical support for its Point of Sale system. The system is hosted remotely on a server maintained by the POS vendor with hardware and network infrastructure on-site at the restaurant in the Oklahoma Memorial (student) Union.
We are looking for support in the following three main areas.
• Support 4 Dell Desktop PCs serving as POS terminals connected to the Northstar (http://www.globalnorthstar.com/) Club software.
• Prefer experience working with POS terminals and knowledge of PCI compliance.
• Experience setting access levels and setting application permissions (e.g. locking browser to certain domains, preventing installation of unauthorized software, etc).
• Install and maintain virus scan software.
• Club POS system is tied to Northstar Server hosted on Amazon Web Services through a VPN enabled switch to AWS.
• Experience working with Cloud Hosted services is preferred.
• Experience working with network switches and troubleshooting local environment with vendor environment is preferred.
• Kitchen printers are tied to the server via switch.
Excellent Customer Support:
• During peak restaurant times, response time needs to be within the hour. Local vendors or equally capable remote support is necessary.
• Documentation of work performed, configurations changed, software installed, rules applied, and appropriate training to club staff will be necessary.
Working closely and as a team with the Northstar technical support is necessary. Ability to remotely work with this team is necessary.