Job ID: WA-2019-0610-RH (90090625)1P
(CANCELLED) Desktop Support Engineer with networking, SQL Server, EFS/RFCS/ORCA smart card, Wave2Go, Gateway ticketing system and electronic/communication/wiring experience
Location: 2901 3rd Avenue, Seattle, WA (DOT)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/1)
Mandatory Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science, or
Minimum 5 years dedicated work station support experience.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience servicing TCP/IP based client- server networked applications.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in servicing and troubleshooting the hardware and software platform components
Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing assistance in the deployment and ongoing maintenance and support of systems similar to the EFS and RFCS “ORCA” smart card hardware and software at multiple remote locations, working with SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2017.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing assistance in day-today end-user support for systems similar to the EFS and RFCS “ORCA” smart card hardware and software at multiple remote location as described above in the Project Description and Scope of Work, and in Exhibit A.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as an individual contributor within a team of technical experts that achieved targeted results.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing assistance in managing equipment return authorization processes with hardware vendors and suppliers.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Advanced degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
Experience working with electronic devices including both power and communications wiring for the hardware and software components
Scope of Work
In the course of executing the duties described above and utilizing the skills listed below, the Contractor will be responsible to the IT Revenue Manager. Daily verbal reports will be made upon demand to the manager of revenue systems. Contractor will use industry best practices to determine problem root cause and likely solutions for problems that are observed in the EFS ticketing and RFCS “ORCA” smart card hardware and software environment. Contractor will execute the procedures determined appropriate in consultation with the IT Revenue Manager or his/her designee. Contractor will manage repair and returns of system hardware components directly with manufacturers and resellers or through a third-party agent. Contractor will test various software and hardware combinations and internal configurations as a part of determining the cause of a fault or problem.
Both short- and long-term project work will be defined and directed by the IT Revenue Manager, in consultation with the Deputy Director of IT. The Contractor must provide his own private transportation to and from places of work that could be at any site within the WSDOT Ferries Division operating area. The Contractor will be responsible for providing a completed time sheet of his/her time spent on assignment
on or before the 1st and 15th of each month. Contractor will turn over all work products to the
WSDOT/WSF IT Revenue Manager and all work products become the property of WSDOT.
Specific duties include:
Work independently, or as a member of the Wave2Go support teams to:
• Perform analysis, development, testing and implementation of hardware running the Gateway Ticketing Systems software.
• Consult with Terminal Operations and Terminal Engineering on terminal design requirements necessary to support the Wave2Go and ORCA systems.
• Configure and implement the Wave2Go transaction framing hardware and software
• Configure and implement the Gate Adaption Kit (GAK) hardware in support for the Regional Smart Card system.
• Configure and deploy all associated point of sale hardware and software.
• Obtain and share understanding of key business needs of Terminal Operations and work directly with end users to resolve hardware and software issues.
• Elicit, understand, and document complex business processes and translate them into solutions.
• Interact and consult with senior and midlevel managers of WSDOT business units, as well as key Subject Matter Experts.
• Exercise excellent communication skills for communicating various system issues and meeting the customer’s expectations.
• Participate in workshop/interview meetings with business/application owners and end users
• Effectively manage time to assure commitments are met on time.
• Employ a strong team-oriented focus
Documentation of work to include:
• Hardware and Software implementation and support documents
• Technical documentation.
This position serves as IT Support with specialized knowledge, experience and expertise in Support of all Hardware components and Software systems of the Wave2Go system in a fluid and dynamic environment