Desktop Support Engineer with bookstore management system support, networking, ecommerce and point-of-sale system support experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 5 Months (Hrs/Wk: 37.50)
UNDER GENERAL SUPERVISION, PERFORMS ADMINISTRATIVE AND TECHNICAL DUTIES IN MAINTAINING AND CONTROLLING THE OPERATIONS OF A COMPLEX POINT-OF-SALE AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR THE COLLEGE BOOKSTORE. PROVIDES USER ASSISTANCE AND TRAINING, ENSURES PROCESSING AND TRANSMISSION OF DATA, PROVIDES AND REVIEWS MANAGEMENT REPORTS FOR TRACKING AND RECONCILIATION.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinates and supervises daily operations of college bookstore management system encompassing financial management, inventory, purchase orders, and point of sale functions. Serves as point of contact for all issues concerning bookstore management system.
2. Manages software and hardware maintenance, installations and upgrades to all components of the college bookstore management system. Provides first level trouble-shooting and support for system. Interfaces with Information Resource Management department as necessary.
3. Coordinates with bookstore management system vendor to provide appropriate support and management of system.
4. Ensures regular data backup and recovery support for system.
5. Provides support and training for Auxiliary Services staff in the use and functionality of the bookstore management system.
6. Develops and compiles necessary data reports (system provided and adhoc) and system procedure documentation to assist in the operations and support of the bookstore management system.
7. Assists in developing long range plans regarding the bookstore management system.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Experience in technical support of point-of-sales and systems.
• Skilled in database query development.
• Candidate must be able to communicate clearly with bookstore management, vendor support technicians, staff and user community.
• Knowledge of IP network configuration support (basic connectivity trouble-shooting support for printers, registers, PC’s, etc.)
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Experience with Total Computing Solutions store automation and ecommerce.
• Minimal management required.
• High school diploma and 3-5 years’ experience in office automation, data processing or systems programming support.
• Associate’s degree or a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area may be substituted for the required work experience.