Job id : TX-530180015 (910090719)
Data Architect (Oracle Certification) with ITIL, IT Enterprise architecture frameworks, IT Service Management, IT fiscal management, risk management, IT legal, ethics and Security Experience
Location : Austin TX (DFPS)
Duration : 2 Months
Interview: in person only
5 Experience in Data architectural domain; with familiarity of some of the other architecture domains
3 Extensive experience in designing and implementing IT service management standards, tools, and methodologies
3 Experience with the Database Architecture, Development, and Administration
Expert Comprehensive knowledge of Database, application, and systems engineering.
Strong Working knowledge in planning, recommending, and managing IT Enterprise architecture frameworks
Strong Working knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework to establish an IT Service Management environment
Strong Working knowledge of IT strategic planning
Strong Skills in critical analysis, decision making, and ability to think and act strategically and proactively
Strong Working knowledge of IT fiscal management, risk management, and IT legal, ethics, and security matters
Strong Communications Skills including written and verbal skills
Strong Ability to develop recommendations and presentations suited for various levels of leadership and decision makers
Strong Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to information security, privacy, and computer crime.
Degree Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in computer engineering, computer science, information systems, information technology security or related field
Master’s Degree in related field
The Department of Family and Protective Services seeks an Enterprise Architect 1, Emerging Technology, for role of Data Architect to help build an overall and comprehensive view of the organization’s business strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets. This information will be used to align the business and information technology directions. The worker will drive standards and common approaches and expose information and processes across the enterprise. The workers (enterprise/system architects) will develop and document the overall information technology standards and develop and oversee the direction of the Data domain, and partner with the other domain architects including Business, Applications, Security, and Technology. The Enterprise Architecture team will develop comprehensive plans for each of the enterprise domains supporting the transition from the current technology environments to the approved future state. The Data Architect worker will report to the DFPS ISO and Director of Enterprise Architecture.
Essential Job Tasks include the following:
• Development and implementation of DFPS data standards and architecture
• Develop an Enterprise-wide Data Dictionary, Business Intelligence direction, and policies for Data Security, Data retention, Reliability, and Availability
• Ensure reuse of data across the agency and prepare for any inter/intra agency data exchange.
• Lead the architecture for agency-wide ETL processes
• Supports Problem Management activities within the ITIL procedures.
• Lead the capacity planning and monitoring efforts around the data assets
• Lead the selection of database technologies including SQL, NoSQL, Graph, and Document-based
• Supports the development and implementation of the IT enterprise roadmap for an enterprise architecture domain and component technologies, services, and standards
• Identifies, analyzes, and prepares mitigation strategies for risks related to the DFPS information technology environments
• Provides analysis and consultation to CIO/IRM, CTO, and agency leadership on key technology issues affecting the agency
• Participates in planning, policy development, budget discussions, and problem resolution efforts to support and maintain the IT information technology environments
• Recommends and develops policies, procedures and practices in concert with the Information Security Officer, Chief Technology Officer, and the Chief Information Officer related enterprise architecture framework and security.
• Ensure the enterprise architecture plan supports the IT security policies and direction.
Other Special Requirements:
• Candidates selected for interview must be available for face-to-face interviews.
• It is preferred that vendors not embed their logo information in the candidates resume. (The information will be redacted before providing candidate submissions to the hiring manager.)
• It is also preferred that vendors vet their candidates for minimum qualifications rather than sending random resumes.
• Candidates selected for interviews will be asked to provide two writing samples of work projects related to this role.
II. WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS