Job ID: TX-45511990-2 (99790402)
Oracle Data Warehouse architect with ETL/Informatica PowerCenter/PowerExchange, PL/SQL, DBA, Toad Data Modeling, BI/Tableau, data governance, ERD and UML experience
Location: Austin, TX (RRC)
Duration: 6 months
7 Experience in relational database design concepts (including direct experience in Oracle RDBMS.)
7 Data Warehouse experience including advanced experience in Data Warehouse construction and concepts: data structures, and creation and use of database design patterns including OLAP cubes, Star Schemas, and Snowflakes.
7 Experience with SQL and PL/SQL procedure writing.
7 Experience with database design, database refactoring and database tuning
7 Experience in hierarchical database and relational database design theory such as normalization
5 Experienced ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) programmer using tools like Informatica PowerCenter or other similar ETL or iPaaS tool.
3 Experience using advanced SQL Database modeling tools such as Toad Data Modeling.
3 Experience with Business Intelligence and analytical tools such as Tableau or other BI Tool including the creation of meta-data objects, data sources, and internal/external reference data including data services.
2 Experienced in the documentation of complex database concepts, data objects, data governance, data ETL processes, and database schemas including the creation of ERD diagrams and UML parent/child data relationship diagrams.
2 Experience with taking convoluted and unfactored database structures and unmodeled data and having an end-to-end vision for both logical, physical and conceptual database construction and architecture.
DEGREE Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related work experience.
3 Specific experience with Informatica PowerCenter with an Oracle RDBMS.
3 Specific experience with Informatica PowerExchange
• Performs advanced (senior-level) data analysis and architecture work including data modeling; implementing, designing and managing database systems, data warehouses, and ETL Data Interfaces.
• Performs discovery and refactoring of database ETL processes from mainframe IMS databases to Oracle RDMS.
• Determines database requirements by analyzing business operations, applications, and programming; reviewing business objectives; and evaluating current systems.
• Obtains data model requirements, develops and implements data models for new projects, and maintains existing data models and data architectures.
• Develops data structures for data warehouses and data mart projects and initiatives; and supports data analytics and business intelligence systems
• Implements corresponding database changes to support new and existing (or modified) applications, and ensures new designs conform to data standards and guidelines; are consistent, properly normalized, and perform as required; and are secure from unauthorized access or update.
• Develops or advises guidelines on creating data models and various standards relating to governed data.
• Reviews changes to technical and business metadata, realizing their impacts on enterprise applications, and ensures the impacts are communicated to appropriate parties.
• Reviews measures to chart progress related to the completeness and quality of metadata for enterprise information; to support reduction of data redundancy and fragmentation and elimination of unnecessary movement of data; and to improve data quality.
• Consults, advises and selects data management tools and develops standards, usage guidelines and procedures for those tools.
• Consults, advises and documents proper data governance and data compliance process and procedures.
• Identifies appropriate data sourcing and extraction processes. Identifies and nominates sources as systems of record for data usage in various applications.
• Performs root cause analyses (RDA) related to information issues and non-conformance to published data standards based on review of technical metadata of various source systems.
• Creates graphics and other flow diagrams (including ERD) to show complex database design and database modeling more simply.
• May plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others and capable of working with minimal supervision
• Performs related work as assigned.