Job ID: TX-45513874 (910390920)
Data Migration PM with data integration/mainframe, MS Project/Visio and Oil/Gas applications experience
Location: Austin TX (RRC)
Duration: 12 months
5 Project Management experience which includes the preparation of project related documentation, planning & managing project activities, and the implementation of projects or maintenance activities
5 Experience with software development (full life cycle), data migration and data integration (including mainframe).
3 Experience must involve information technology programs. Experience and education may be substituted on a year for year basis.
3 Experience in planning the project scope, directing staff members, handling change requests, forecasting budgets and keeping everyone on the project within allotted time constraints.
3 Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
3 Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
3 Ability to provide solutions that allow for informed agency decision making
3 Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
3 Ability to effectively collaborate with others, initiate action and adapt to change
3 Ability to foster working relationships with the team and clients
3 As needed, ability to perform detailed work related to development of requirements, functional design documentation, system test definition and user case development
3 Proficient with Microsoft Office tools including Word and Excel (PowerPoint, Visio, and Project desirable)
3 Strong interpersonal and team building skills, possessing diplomacy and good business judgment
3 Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise
3 Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
Degree or Equivalent Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related work experience
3 Knowledge of the Oil and Gas applications running on the Railroad Commission Mainframe
The Worker(s) will apply their expert knowledge of RRC agency mainframe related application systems to support the needs of an internal ITS development project team.
• Work collaboratively with other project managers to achieve project goals.
• Ensure the timely posting of all required project management artifacts and approvals in compliance with our methodology standards.
• Supports the projects by facilitating project logistics.
• Creates and implements communication plans. Prepares reports for leadership regarding the status of projects.
• Route documentation for review with document owner by established scheduled deadlines and obtain all required approvals for publishing.
• Work with appropriate personnel to define scope, timelines and budget.
• Create or support the development and maintenance of complete project management plans and project schedules that include all WBS elements of the project business such as milestones and critical path activities.
• Review and edit documentation to ensure validity and accuracy of information.
• Monitor the overall progress of each project to ensure that goals are achieved within the defined scope, time and budget.
• Identify and communicate issues to the appropriate parties and find timely resolution of issues.
• Participate in project meetings, capture status updates and action items.
• Proactively engage with all members of the project team to create and deliver complete presentations on project goals and plans, including status reports.
• Maintains budget records, reconciles accounts and prepares statements of expenditures for projects.
• Measures, tracks, and evaluates progress against the project plan, deliverables, milestones and required tasks
• Project manage 1 – 4 simultaneous efforts/projects related to modernization of software code, working with 3rd party vendor developed code change requests or implementation of new tools into the technology environment.
• Project manage full lifecycle projects ranging from 3 – 18 months.
• Project manage a matrixed team of RRC IT, business area, and third-party professionals.
• Apply project management and product management practices of the realm.
• Produce and deliver RRC reports that include project progress, schedule, budget, risks, and issues.
• Adapt to periodic changes to scope, schedule, and resources.
• Matrix manage 1 – 8 fractional resources during the project life.
• Obtain peer and management approvals of project deliverables.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office tools including Word and Excel (PowerPoint and Visio desirable).
• Communicate fluently in English, both orally and in writing.
• Mitigate risks, resolve issues, and meet action items