Job ID: UT-68009 (90090117)
Data Manager/Architect with governance, data management and AWS experience
Location: Salt Lake City, UT (USBE)
Duration: 18 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Interview: In-person or webcam/phone
Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in information systems or related field, or equivalent experience.
Candidate must demonstrate experience in developing and implementing a successful data governance program including evangelizing the program across all associated business units.
Candidate must demonstrate 2+ years’ experience working in a cross-functional business environment where data management and governance are implemented, i.e., working data-related initiatives with data stewards that represent multiple functional areas.
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to understand business needs and use data to support decision making processes.
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to collaborate with IT professionals, senior leadership, and stakeholders to deliver results.
Candidate must demonstrate strong data analytic skills and being proficient at digesting and analyzing large amounts of data.
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to tackle problems under pressure.
Candidate must demonstrate familiarity with modern databases and IT systems as well as how they work.
Experience with services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) is a plus.
Candidate must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form, to work in a team setting, and to maintain good relations with co-workers, stakeholders, and leadership.
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to pay attention to detail.
• Establish a data standard and governance program, working closely with the organizational data governance initiative
• Help implement the data governance operating model to support USBE’s digital initiatives
• Work with data standards organizations in implementing and working with associated data models
• Manage and coordinate the activities of the data governance committee and designated data stewards
• Develop and implement data standards, guaranteeing metadata is captured correctly
• Create and maintain repository of important metadata used in applications throughout the company
• Ensure on-going data quality through monitoring, auditing and coordination with data stewards
• Assist in monitoring and reporting data incidents
• Be involved with planning for any future data governance work related to new initiatives or changes to business operations
• Collect and measure identified metrics to show Data Governance success
• Stay current on best practices in data governance to identify continuous improvement opportunities