Job ID: NC-586072 (98590320)
Data Center PM (PMP must) with ITIL and data center move/migration experience
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDOR)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/4)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Proven experience in delivering projects on-time, within budget, as designed, that meet the customer requirements. Required 7 Years
Demonstrated understanding of the Project Management Knowledge Areas of the PMBOK®, PMI’s Project Management Standard, PM tools and templates. PMP ce Required 7 Years
Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) methodologies is preferred. Required 7 Years
Well versed in delivery of IT projects from requirements, through design, build, test and train. Required 7 Years
– Leadership on complex projects. Well-developed facilitation skills are required. Required 7 Years
Utilization of past experience in creative resolution of resource gaps, development of workarounds, and budget shortfalls. Required 7 Years
– Consultative services that support the project team, sponsors and other stakeholders on the strategies for moving project forward. Required 7 Years
Experience managing critical data center move projects Required 1 Years
The North Carolina Department of Revenue has a need for an experienced IT Project Manager. This position will be responsible for managing a large, mission critical data center move project.
The Project Manager will:
• Manage and direct a project to move servers/systems from one data center set (primary/secondary) to a newly acquired data center set (i.e., including procurement, resource acquisition, budgeting; developing, monitoring and controlling schedules; identifying and resolving issues and risks; and communicating status to stakeholders)
• Work on complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors to achieve best results.
• Work effectively with internal and external clients, third party vendors, and senior management in accomplishing project objectives.
• Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcomes for the customer.
• Work closely with the Project Sponsor(s) and Governance Committees to facilitate decisions necessary for project delivery.
• Manage effective project oversight and reviews to affect project success.
• Develop and maintain project documentation including schedules/timelines and various detailed plans for Communication, Risk Management, Deployment and others as required.
• Develop and maintain "lessons-learned" for utilization on future projects.
• Resolve resource, budgeting, and change issues affecting the project.
• Oversee change requests associated with the project.
• Oversee vendor relations and procurement related to the project
• Develop and maintain status reports, decision and issue logs.
The Project Manager will follow established processes within the NC Department of Revenue IT Division, Service Transition Section, Project Management office.