Data Architect/Oracle DBA with SQL Server and data modeling experience
Location: CHARLESTON, SC
Duration: 2 Months
DESIGN OF THE DATABASES AND OVERALL APPLICATION ARCHITECTURE FOR A REPLACEMENT, INTEGRATION, AND EXPANSION OF THE CITADEL’S CADET ACCOUNTABILITY SYSTEM
The current Cadet Information System provides data entry, tracking and reporting of cadet activities that include: class absences, infirmary visits, punishments, tours, confinements, special orders, conduct proficiency, physical proficiency and leave. The Commandant’s Information System integrates information generated by these systems and presents it alongside academic information from Banner to provide members of the Commandant’s Department with consolidated information pertaining to cadet proficiency in multiple categories.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration for Cadet Accountability System.
• Develops and configures database parameters, and prototype designs against logical data models, defines data repository requirements, data dictionaries and warehousing requirements.
• Defines data/information structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements.
• Responsible for the overall design of the Cadet Accountability System that meets our strategic requirements, leverages our existing assets, is regulatory compliant, and is designed for optimum database configuration, security, performance, and cost.
• Works under general supervision to design, develop, and integrate web applications using Oracle and SQL databases and various web platforms.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Knowledgeable in most aspects of designing and constructing data architectures, project planning, and business analysis.
• SKILLED IN web-based DEVELOPMENT PLATFORMS, Oracle and SQL SERVER DATABASE
• CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE CLEARLY WITH THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM, PROJECT STAFF, AND THE USER COMMUNITY.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• EXPERT DATABASE DEVELOPMENT SKILLS
• EXCELLENT COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS
• SELF STARTER
• MINIMAL MANAGEMENT REQUIRED