Data Architect with SQL Server, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, .Net, Click Once framework, EAI, agile/scrum and government/contracting systems experience
Location: Olympia, WA
Duration: 10 months
I. Mandatory Experience and Qualifications
– Three (3) years’ experience in working with state or local government organizations to develop or maintain internet, web based contracting systems specific to housing assistance and finance services.
– Five (5) years’ experience developing on-line systems using the following technologies:
– Microsoft’s SQL Server 2005 and 2008,
– SQL Analysis Services, Reporting Services, and Integration services;
– .Net and web based programming technologies
– Win forms using Click Once (Smart Client Framework) deployment technology.
II. Highly Desired Experience and Qualifications:
– Five (5) years’ experience in developing data bases and reporting systems that process contracts within a state government agency.
– Eight (8) years’ experience, within the past 10 years, in the following areas:
– Enterprise application integration
– Relational Databases
– Structured Query Language (SQL)
– HTML, XML, including schema definitions and transformations
– Firm understanding of data base security concepts and rules
– Agile & Scrum development methodology
– Two (2) years’ experience in developing applications that are used by organizations, external to Washington State Government, that use Secure Access Washington (SAW) security methods and protocols.
III. Three professional references
IV. Resumes for submitted staff should include:
a. Clearly indicate the required mandatory and desired qualifications, including the role for the candidate, amount of time performed, and the work done that relates to the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities listed.
b. A minimum of three (3) projects the person has worked on that demonstrate the work performed and how it fits the needs of this request.
c. At least three references that can speak to the work that was performed in the three projects provided
V. Project Scope of Work and Knowledge Transfer
Client is seeking an expert level consultant to function as an N-Tier System Architect to assist with the analysis, design, and implementation activities required for consolidating several databases used in the Washington State Housing Finance Unit into a single database application system. This development project will achieve the following:
• Consolidate data and functional features from four older critical existing systems all of which comprise the current means for collecting and storing HFU data.
• Capability for producing multiple data extracts for responding to the changing affordable housing landscape.
• Interact directly with data gathered in Client’s Contracts Management System and the Web-based Annual Reporting System (WBARS), to provide more comprehensive reporting across the various business units.
The consultant will be required to provide web-based, N-tiered database design, development, and technical team leadership skills, including knowledge transfer of such skills, to Client development staff. Typical duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
– Assist in the system analysis required for data definition and mapping requirements. Define and document data architecture and system configurations.
– Review, update, and create the following system and program components affected by maintenance and operations
– Data architecture
– Application system design, programs, and testing
– Meta data strategy.
– Facilitate and document the agreements on changes to the corporate data and its usage
– Perform data analysis, data mapping, logical data modeling, and physical database design.
– Business requirements.
– Assist with changes to other integrated data systems related to contracts, grants, and loans
– Perform Project Management of assigned projects or tasks. Responsible for tracking/reporting of time spent on projects or tasks.
– Ability to create a collaborative environment