Data Architect with SOA governance/UDDI, data modeling, SOA/WS, web services/WCF, ESB/Biztalk, patterns, .Net and LINQ experience
Location: Raleigh, NC
Duration: 12 months
The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) is seeking a Data Services Architect for a 12 month engagement to support the 3C and Data Services Project. The Data Services Architect will be responsible for defining the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) that will underlie the dynamic presentation of content in the SharePoint 2013 environment and other consuming applications.
This individual will lead the definition of the data architecture of the SOA to include logical and physical data modeling, development of an overall canonical schema, definition of schemas derived from the canonical model to support individual web services, definition and implementation of a data strategy, data dictionaries and metadata registries. Additionally the individual will lead the definition of the business architecture of the SOA to include business semantics and the ability to map individual web services to business capabilities to maximize the agility and reusability of discrete web services that are developed.
The position will be responsible for documentation of standards, patterns ( design, integration and interfaces) processes and procedures related to development of web services and interoperability in general including establishment of a Universal Data, Discovery and Integration (UDDI) registry through which web services can be discovered and invoked. The individual will educate application development teams on those standards and processes.
This individual has experience in design, implementation, and deployment of enterprise software applications in large government organizations. This individual is knowledgeable in all aspects of system integration, has a working knowledge of network systems and hardware and has strong knowledge of SOA Governance, and SOA/WS and legacy interface mechanisms, including the implemention of an enterprise services bus platform (ESB). This individual is confident in developing requirements and design specifications for new and existing web services. The candidates for this position must be able to synthesize and apply different perspectives to a changing array of business/IT challenges, many of them crossing line of business boundaries. The candidates must be able to organize and lead cross-functional teams, make verbal presentations to diverse audiences, and develop a wide range of written materials including highly technical documents, architectural diagrams and position/policy statements.
– Hands-on experience with designing and implementing SOA using an enterprise services bus (ESB) technology, preferably MS Biztalk
– Hands-on experience as a developer of web services, preferably in .NET and WCF
– Hands-on experience with data modeling, SQL data queries and data query frameworks such as LINQ
– Business process modeling, analysis, automation, and implementation
– Data Analysis and design including development of XML schemas
– Ability to produce architectural artifacts (business, data and technology) to guide the transformation to a service oriented approach
– Extensive knowledge of W3C web services specifications
– Aptitude for working with an engineering team to guide day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, and implementation
– Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrable strategic thinking are essential
– Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders
– Must be a team-oriented individual who leads and works well with technical and non-technical resources
– A minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT including demonstrated experience in various technical disciplines to include systems integration, and enterprise, data, business, and technical architectures.
– Minimum of (2) years of demonstrated experience providing architecture, design, and implementation leadership for at least one (1) enterprise-scale SOA implementation
– Experience with the indirect management of team members, including assisting in the mentoring, development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team