Job ID: MS-72771 (98890702)
Data Analyst/BA with Database Entity Design, data visualization, FDD, TDD, Use Cases, RTM, test cases, workflow, flowcharts, Visio, agile/scrum, C#, .Net, PL/SQL, Oracle and K12/education experience
Location: 3771 Eastwood Dr Jackson MS (Client: MDEK12)
Duration: 12 months (On-site only – but currently working remotely amid COVID-19)
Positions: 1 (1/1)
References: 3 (name, Title, Company, title, phone, Email)
Attachments: rtr/skill matrix (attached)/sample documents (see jd)
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE # YEARS
Must be able to effectively communicate (verbal and written) requirements with stakeholders as well as development team No min.
Must be able to collaborate with Project Manager, Architect, and developers to ensure business requirements are communicated, accepted, and meet expectations 7
Must be able to translate and simplify requirements from stakeholders into written requirement documents for development team. Documents include: Formal Business Requirements Document, Functional Design Document, Technical Design Document, Technical Use Cases, User stories, Business Cases, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Test cases. (samples of previous documents created highly preferred- submit with resume) 7
Must be able to create diagrams, flowcharts, and workflows of business processes 7
Must be able to create diagrams, flowcharts, and workflows of data flow through system 7
Must be able to create and manage test cases for Quality Assurance. 7
Must be familiar with software and database development concepts 7
Technical Business Analyst work on a software development team 7
Must have experience developing technical documentation for enterprise software users, system administrators, and other technical audiences 7
Strong experience in requirements management and creating all documents listed above 7
Strong experience in mapping business processes into technical documentation 7
Strong experience in acceptance testing 7
Ability to analyze business functions 7
Practical experience generating process documentation and reports 7
Strong working knowledge of relevant Microsoft applications, including Visio 7
Extensive experience with data visualization 7
Excellent communication with the ability to translate data into actionable insights 7
Preference given to candidates with the below skills/experience. Must also meet minimum requirements.
MS Visio or similar product
Database Entity Design
Scrum / Agile
REQUIRED DEGREE Bachelor’s degree
References of submitted candidates required. Please provide the following information. Must submit with resume.
• First/last name of reference
• Company Name
• Job title of contractor while reporting to this supervisor/manager
• Telephone number
• Email Address (if available) No min.
PROJECT DETAILS The Mississippi Department of Education has a current goal for every community to effectively use a World-Class Data System to improve student outcomes. This goal has an outcome to increase the availability of quality data to drive decisions that improve student outcomes. We are planning to satisfy this goal in part by modernizing our current student information system along with improving the quality of data in connected systems. This will include web-based application development, and creation of dashboards and reports that will improve access, accuracy and ease of use for all stakeholders.
JOB DESCRIPTION This position will require a qualified Technical Business Analyst to take the lead in the following tasks:
• Ability to create and document detailed business requirements, perform analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for the stakeholders
• Author and update internal and external documentation, and formally initiate and deliver requirements and documentation
• A strong understanding of the documentation development process, the software development process, and product lifecycles
• Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output and formats
• Improve systems by studying and documenting current state and business rules
• Ability to partner with other team members and stakeholder across multiple business units to develop necessary analysis and documentation in a collaborative way, communicating effectively and efficiently with executive teams
• Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience and business information to a technical audience
• Ability to successfully apply complex knowledge of fundamental concepts practices, and procedures of technical writing.
• Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specification
• Translate stakeholder requests into formal requirements
• Deliver high-quality business requirement documentation for business manuals, new development, training manuals, user guide, and system guide