Request ID: BL-9712-1 (97290202)
Data Analyst/Architect with SAS, SQL, MS Access, statistics, reporting, GIS and healthcare claims data experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 6 Months Hrs/Wk: 37.50
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
– A master’s degree in public health, public administration, business administration or related field and 5+ years of experience in a data analyst role, including working to merge and manipulate very large data sets.
– High-level analytical and problem-solving skills and strategic-thinking capacity.
– Ability to understand data and the other underlying trends and use that information to help craft meaningful narratives.
– Requires technical computer skills with SAS, SQL, and MS Access
– familiar with using standard data normalization procedures for patient risk adjustment;
– basic statistical knowledge;
– must be able to multi-task, not just work on one project at a time from end to end;
– requires organization skills and self-management;
– excellent writing and communication skills, with an ability to translate complex ideas into clear, easy-to-understand concepts;
– ability to present complex reports, display and summarize data to meet needs of program and policy makers who are non-technical.
– Demonstrated project management skills, with the ability to multi-task and deliver quality work on time.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
– GIS knowledge and skills
– Knowledge of health care claims data
A master’s degree in public health, public administration, business administration or related field and 5+ years of experience in a data analyst role, including working to merge and manipulate very large data sets.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will specialize in developing and performing statistical analysis methods, data management, and developing methodology and results for journal publications. Responsibilities and Duties will include:
– Calculation of sample size, methodological proposal/evaluation/development/recommendation of methods, and summarization of results in easy-to-understand reports
o Write reports explaining the findings in a compelling way that can be easily understood by non-technical audiences, summarizing complex data in various formats and media.
– Data evaluation/management to generate an understanding of the data as well as create a workable data file.
– Experience with generating frequencies and other summary statistics to help others understand what can be found in the data along with limitations of the data.
– Understand data integrity; ensure data is accurate and meets standards of rigor for analysis and dissemination.
– Communicate regularly with team and management providing timely feedback to facilitate continual workflow within established timelines.