Job Id: TX-52980000008030R (99590607)
Data Analyst/Architect with Informatica, ETL, EIM/MDM, data/dimensional modeling, data cleansing, DW and healthcare/MMIS/TIERS experience
Location: Austin TX (HHSC)
Duration: 3-15 Months
8 Experience performing data and process analysis to identify and assess errors and anomalies and determine root cause; works with data owners to correct data generation/collection and business processes
8 Previous experience analyzing and standardizing data in Large EIM and Master Data Management projects and teams
6 Previous experience documenting data processes, business and technical metadata and preparing reports.
4 Has experience identifying, analyzing and resolving complex data issues across multiple environments.
4 Experience with data and dimensional modeling tools
4 Experience with Informatica or other ETL tools to perform data reconciliation, data standardization, data cleansing, risk data warehousing, and data mapping analysis for data translation activities
Strong Communication, analytical and interpersonal skills at all levels
Strong Ability to work on multiple projects or project assignments
2 Previous Health and Human Services industry experience
Experience with healthcare encounter data, particularly via EDI 270/271, 835, and 837 transactions (as implemented at TMHP)
Experience with Clinical Management for Behavioral Health Services (CMBHS) data (for state-contracted community mental health and substance abuse service providers)
Experience working with Texas Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) data and/or Texas Integrated Eligibility Redesign System (TIERS) a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or equivalent experience
The Data Steward position is an Information Technology (IT) position and will be a part of the Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) team working in collaboration with the Center for Analytics and Decision Support (CADS) program within the Health and Human Services System’s business domain. The mission of EDG is to ensure HHS system data is visible, accessible where appropriate, understandable in context, trusted by users, and uniformly governed in order to advance data quality and data analytics. This enables data-driven decision making across the HHS system.
The Data Steward performs senior-level business process analysis, data analysis and assistance for HHS programs on system-wide data initiatives for the Center for Analytics and Decision Support’s Enterprise Data Governance initiative.
The Data Steward’s responsibilities may include:
• Establishing and maintaining a robust outreach program to HHS programs and business process experts
• Socializing concepts, best practices and encouraging a culture that fosters each individual in the organization’s roles and responsibilities with respect to data quality
• Working with IT project management staff to ensure Enterprise Information Management (EIM) requirements are implemented in new or enhanced systems
• Analyzing business processes to determine how data is generated, used or exchanged
• Identifying opportunities to reuse data or business processes to achieve HHS program objectives and ultimately facilitate data-driven decision making through advancing the consistency and quality of HHS data
• Other duties as assigned.