Job ID: MI-586076 (98490215)
Configuration Manager with Git, TFS, CVS, Configuration Management, including permissions, branching, merging, Linux, Unix and Windows and Source Code administration experience
Location: Lansing MI (MDOC)
Duration: 12 months
Interview Type: In Person Only
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Familiarity with Subversion (SVN), Git, TFS, CVS or similar code repository and version control tools and concepts Required 10 Years
Thorough understanding of best practices for Software Configuration Management, including permissions, branching, merging and labeling techniques. Required 10 Years
Good oral and written communication skills required for interacting with cross-functional project teams. Required 12 Years
Ability to maintain a CM technology, ability to upgrade, and ability to monitor and maintain CM technology Required 5 Years
Linux, Unix and Windows experience. Required 5 Years
Full life-cycle experience (design through delivery and support), Developing and improving CM standards, practices and procedures Desired 5 Years
Source Code administration Required 10 Years
Years of Experience:
10 or more years of experience in the field.
Advanced experience in the field.
Thorough understanding of best practices for Software Configuration Management, including permissions, branching, merging and labeling techniques for major and minor / patch releases.
• Create and maintain a Configuration Management infrastructure for COTS and custom applications to ensure builds and deployments are completed smoothly. This involves working with developers, Web Admins, DBAs and testers for multiple applications simultaneously
• Deploy and troubleshoot software packages for COTS and custom applications
• Perform and document software version control processes, policies and procedures
• Research and recommend improved CM processes and tools for use in the enterprise
• Support auditing and reporting of application configurations and associated documentation
• Participate in multiple scrum teams supporting development efforts for enterprise applications
• Support a multi-platform environment (Windows/.NET, Powerbuilder, etc.)
• Continuous responsibility of setting up new product repositories (and importing code into it), helping the users set up workspaces, perform regular troubleshooting for users, training the users in using the CM technology, environment and processes.
• Responsibility of capturing all of the pieces that are needed to establish a running system (a.k.a., release package that may be comprised of deliverables from the builds, items needed from databases, configuration instructions) and the tasks of preparing the preliminary release notes, and migrating the release to test and staging areas.
• Ability to install CM technology based on needs and to integrate the CM technology with other technologies (development IDEs, defect tracking, etc.)