Request ID: IN-8068-1 (94190529)
Computer Operator with JCL, CA7, Windows, Printers and Forklift operation experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 6 Months
Required Skills (rank in order of importance):
• Understanding computer operating system fundamentals (e.g. operating systems, applications, storage)
• Production Printer operation
• Organizational Skills
• Verbal Communication Skills
• Written Communication Skills
Preferred Skills (rank in order of importance):
• Mail Inserter operation
• Electric Forklift operation
• High school diploma and two (2) years experience in the operation of mainframe in a data center, information technology system, or related area.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology systems, computer science or related field, and one (1) year experience in the mainframe operations in a data center, information technology system, or related area.
Scope of the project:
This specific Statement of Work is for a contractor that demonstrates a moderate experience level of IBM job control language (JCL), and with automated job scheduling tools such as Computer Associates Scheduler (CA7). Must know how to modify and release jobs in CA7. Must have experience operating production equipment (printers and inserter). Must have working knowledge of Windows client operation, including Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, and Excel). Must be able to communicate clearly in oral or written form and to work well with others at all levels of the agency.
We will look for this individual to work either independently or as part of a team according to shift needs or schedule. Must take individual responsibility for maintaining the security of the computer operations area and output materials. Ability to lift 25 pound boxes of paper or envelopes.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
• Effectively interact and communicate with peer to Director-level IT professionals.
• Provide feedback to team regarding job and machine related issues.
• Must have initiative, drive and be a self-starter.
• Ability to ask pertinent questions of others.
• Proactively seek to identify, communicate and implement process related improvements.
• Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system and appropriately updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a timely basis.
• Good customer skills and an attention to detail.
• Monitor current systems, and manage computer schedule.
• Operate printers and inserter.
• Maintain familiarity with current computer products.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Miscellaneous MainFrame HighSpeed Printer No 5 Intermediate Within 2 Years 1 – 2 Years
Operating Systems/APIs CA-7 Yes 2 Intermediate Within 2 Years 1 – 2 Years
Operating Systems/APIs IBM z-Series mainframe Yes 1 Intermediate Within 2 Years 1 – 2 Years
Packaged Applications Mail Inserter No 4 Intermediate Within 2 Years 1 – 2 Years
Programming Languages JCL Yes 3 Intermediate Within 2 Years 1 – 2 Years
Additional Skills: Basic experience with other Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel). Also, ability to lift 25 pound boxes of paper or envelopes.