COBOL Programmer with JCL, VSAM, DB2, CICS, CA, Panvalet, ISPF/SDSF, EASYTREIVE, Intertest, Expediter and MS Office/Visio experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 2 Months
DEVELOP INTERFACES WITH EXISTING LEGACY SYSTEMS TO IMPLEMENT CHANGES TO THE TREASURY OFFSET PROGRAM (TOP) AND STATE OFFSET DEBIT (SOD). THIS ALLOWS SCDEW TO RECOVER UI OVERPAYMENT DEBT.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within project schedules and other defined deadlines, candidate will provide business analysis of legacy system, development of requirements, coding, testing, and deployment of changes in a legacy system in an IBM Mainframe environment utilizing COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, CICS, CA Panvalet, ISPF/SDSF, EASYTREIVE.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 6+ years of experience with COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, CICS, CA, Panvalet, ISPF/SDSF and EASYTREIVE.
• Able to develop and interpret business requirements, develop technical specs , write code and develop test processes to meet requirements.
• Able to perform detailed system and data analysis of existing legacy system. Must be able to communicate with users, vendor to perform business analysis functions.
• Able to formulate technical resolutions to business issues
• Problem-solving, troubleshooting skills
• Work closely with others in a team environment
• Able to work independently, self-motivated
• Excellent communication skills; fluent in English
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• COBOL, JCL, Panvalet, ISPF/SDSF
• MS Office including VISIO
Bachelors in IT, Business or equivalent work experience
Additional Skills: Intertest and Expediter experience would be a plus.