COBOL programmer with DB2, CICS, MVS JCL, TSO/IPSF, Easytrieve plus, Endevor, CA Utilities, MQ Series and health experience
Location: Raleigh NC
Duration: 6 months
The NC Department of Health and Human Services is seeking to fill a short term (approx. 6 month) assignment for an Interface Developer to develop, implement and maintain support of an interface between North Carolina’s NC Families Accessing Services through Technology (NC FAST) and Health Information System (HIS)/ Women, Infants, Children (WIC) systems until the Eligibility Information System’s (EIS) rollout in NCFAST is completed.
This position’s duties include, but are not limited to: gathering requirements, documentation, coding, testing (all levels), debugging, interfacing, change management and maintenance for the interface.
Responsibilities also include status reporting and adhering to DHHS policies and procedures.
* Minimum 7 years of development experience with COBOL, DB2, CICS, MVS JCL, TSO/ISPF, Easytrieve Plus, ENDEVOR, CA Utilities and MQ Series
* Work independently and perform job with minimal supervision
* Strong problem solving skills
* Able to clearly convey verbal or written information to individuals or groups
* Experience and/or familiarity with NC DHHS systems and IT functions