COBOL Programmer with CICS web services, TSO, MVS JCL, ENDEVOR, CA Tools, SQL, DB2, VSAM, MS Office and government experience
Location: Raleigh, NC
Duration: 6 months
The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) Information Technology DMV Systems Support is seeking one (1) short term (6 month maximum) contractor. This resource will be utilized as a mainframe programmer analyst. The main responsibilities of this position include the following: analysis of complex legacy program modules, coding and testing of new and existing modules for major modifications and support for a legacy application in the implementation of legislative mandates.
– Minimum of 10 years experience in corporate or government as programmer analyst.
– Proven experience in programming techniques, programming languages in the mainframe environment.
– Proven knowledge of principles and techniques of computer programming, testing, debugging, implementation and documentation.
– Proven experience with analysis and design.
– Excellent communication skill (written, verbal, presentations)
– Excellent organization, analytical, planning and testing skills
– Ability to resolve highly complex problems.
– Proven experience with financial processes analysis and modification.
– Self-starter who can work with a large and diverse team of business, management and IT individuals.
– Demonstrated experience working with large project teams.
– Microsoft Suite experience (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), COBOL, CICS, TSO, MVS JCL, ENDEVOR, CA Tools, SQL, DB2 and VSAM.
– Experience with State or county government
– CICS WEB SERVICES Experience is a plus.