Job id : NC-563943 (98790828)
Cobol Developer(CICS/DB2) with IBM z/OS, DMV, BIZTALK, TSO, MVS JCL, ENDEVOR, CA Tools, SQL, DB2 and VSAM Experience
Location: Raney Building, 104 Fayetteville St;, Raleigh, nc 27601 (DOT)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Interview – Either Webcam Interview or In Person
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
IBM z/OS Required 10 Years
COBOL/CICS/DB2 Required 10 Years
CICS Web Services Highly desired 5 Years
ENDEVOR Required 10 Years
CA DB2 Products Required 5 Years
DMV Application Systems Highly desired
Business Systems Analysis Required 5 Years
BIZTALK Nice to have
The NC Department of Transportation (NCDOT) is seeking to fill a short term (approx. 12 month) contractor assignment. The selected candidate will fill the role of Technical Specialist on the Department’s Electronic Lien & Titling Project. The Specialist will be responsible for analysis of complex legacy program modules, coding and testing of new and existing modules for major modifications to legacy applications.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data and business processes
• Design, document, and coordinate desired changes to legacy modules
• Document the program and project deliverables as assigned
• Analyze and estimate feasibility and compatibility with other programs and projects
• Provide quality control for project deliverables
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
– Minimum of 10 years of experience in corporate or government as programmer analyst.
– Minimum of 5 years of experience exposing CICS and COBOL programs as web services via CICS Transaction Server (CTS) and/or CICS Transaction Gateway (CTG)
– Proven experience in programming techniques, programming languages in the mainframe environment.
– Proven knowledge of principles and techniques of computer programming, testing, debugging, implementation and documentation.
– Proven experience with analysis and design.
– Excellent communication skill (written, verbal, presentations)
– Excellent organization, analytical, planning and scheduling skills
– Ability to resolve highly complex problems.
– Proven experience with financial processes analysis and modification.
– Self-starter who can work with a large and diverse team of business, management and IT individuals.
– Demonstrated experience working with large project teams.
– Microsoft Suite experience (e.g, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), COBOL, CICS, TSO, MVS JCL, ENDEVOR, CA Tools, SQL, DB2 and VSAM.
– Experience with State or county government
– Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Experience
– Experience with Enterprise Level Application Development spanning two or more business areas