Job ID: NC-661910 (98790928)
COBOL Developer with DB2, Tableau, CICS, ZEKE, Python, JCL, XPTR, TSO, MVS, ENDEVOR, CA Tools experience
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDOT)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
***The candidate will be allowed to work remotely until all staff return to site. At that point the candidate will be required to come onsite.
***The candidate will need to come onsite the first day to collect equipment.
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
DB2 Required 7 Years
COBOL Required 7 Years
Tableau Highly desired 2 Years
CICS Required 3 Years
ZEKE or similar scheduling tool Highly desired 3 Years
Python Desired 2 Years
JCL Required 6 Years
Experience utilizing Systems development lifecycle processes including analysis, requirement, construction, implementation and documentation Required 7 Years
XPTR Highly desired 3 Years
The NC Department of Transportation (NCDOT) is seeking to fill a short term (approx. 12 month) contractor assignment. The selected candidate will fill the role of Specialist on the State Automated Driver License System(SADLS). The Specialist will be responsible for analysis of complex legacy program modules, coding and testing of new and existing modules for major modifications to legacy applications, production support and implementation of legacy application.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data and business processes
• Design, document, construct and coordinate desired changes to legacy modules
• Document the program and project deliverables as assigned
• Analyze and estimate feasibility and compatibility with other programs and projects
• Provide quality control for project deliverables
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
– Minimum of 7 years of experience in corporate or government as programmer analyst.
– Proven experience in programming techniques, programming languages in the mainframe environment.
– Proven knowledge of principles and techniques of computer programming, testing, debugging, implementation and documentation.
– Proven experience with analysis and design.
– Excellent communication skill (written, verbal, presentations)
– Excellent organization, analytical, planning and scheduling skills
– Ability to resolve highly complex problems.
– Self-starter who can work with a large and diverse team of business, management and IT individuals.
– Demonstrated experience working with large project teams.
– Experience with COBOL, CICS, DB2, TSO, MVS JCL, ENDEVOR, CA Tools, SQL and Microsoft Suite experience (e.g, Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
– Experience with State or county government
– Experience with schedulers like Zeke and reporting repository like XPTR.
– Experience working with Tableau Dashboards.
– Experience working with Python.
– Experience with Enterprise Level Application Development spanning two or more business areas