Job ID: FL-124461 (98590827)
Cisco Network Engineer with BGP routing, performance monitoring/diagnostic tools, benchmarking, ASR 1006 and courts/government experience
Location: Tallahassee, FL (The Office of the State Courts Administrator (OSCA))
Duration: 12 months
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience supporting systems software maintenance and system software operations with the following:
– Advanced knowledge of Cisco network services concepts and implementation;
– Advanced knowledge of Cisco network security concepts and techniques;
– Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP concepts and configuration;
– Advanced knowledge of BGP routing, optimization, configuration and troubleshooting;
– Advanced skill and ability in the administration and configuration of Cisco products and software;
– Advanced knowledge and skill in configuring, upgrading and replacing Cisco routers, switches and related computer systems;
– Advanced knowledge and skill in hardware and software problem detection, isolation, and resolution;
– Advanced knowledge and skill using Cisco tools and utilities;
– Advanced Knowledge and skill using Cisco-based performance monitoring tools;
– Advanced knowledge and skill using diagnostic tools;
– Advanced knowledge and skill in system and component benchmarking;
– Six years (minimum) of related experience, including extensive knowledge of end-to-end Cisco network operations.
Preference will be given to Vendors whose candidate resumes include the following additional knowledge, skills, abilities and experience in addition to the State Term Contract requirements:
a. In depth knowledge and experience in the installation, configuration and deployment of Cisco ASR 1006 routers, specifically in upgrading existing production Cisco Catalyst
7206 core routers.
b. Designs, engineers, implements, operates and maintains a complex Cisco based TCP/IP based (LAN and WAN) network infrastructure to support voice, video and data applications in support of the state-wide court system.
b. Configures routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access devices; specifies, bids and reviews telecommunications circuits for data and voice transport in support of the state- wide court network.
c. Troubleshoots and corrects network connectivity issues; ensures secure network access; provides support and training as required and mentors staff on networking
principles and operations; provides consultation to court technology officers in local area network design, TCP/IP traffic flow control and security.
The Office of the State Courts Administrator (OSCA) requires services to support the Florida Courts Network, an MFN to MFN-2 migration and stabilization for (65) sites, installation and configuration of (2) Cisco ASR 1006 core routers which will replace (2) Cisco Catalyst 7602 routers, knowledge transfer to network staff, best practice consulting and optimization for a state wide Cisco based wide area network. The essential function of the staff augmentation contractor within the organization is to install, configure and optimize network systems for the state courts. The staff augmentation contractor will be responsible for: planning; designing, implementing, operating and maintaining the network infrastructure; network security; knowledge transfer to network staff and performing related administrative functions, to include reporting.