Request ID: IN-8101-1 (96590607)
Child Support BA with TFS, Visio, SharePoint and Agile experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12+ Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 10+ years of experience working on child support related software project(s)
• Analyze and validate system requirements and functionality
• Experience with requirements management, constructing data flow diagrams, creating test scenarios and testing
• Ability to identify, interpret and translate business process training for appropriate audiences
• Extensive experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS Office, Visio and SharePoint
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong ability to communicate (orally and written) with project staff, stakeholders and executives
• Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Experience working with AGILE software methodology
• Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
• Demonstrate strong ability to take initiative and ability to work with minimal to no guidance
A bachelor’s degree or 10 years child support experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree
Database Platforms MS SharePoint Yes 2 Advanced Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Database Platforms Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012 Yes 2 Intermediate Within 2 Years 2 – 4 Years
Miscellaneous Interpret business process and business data models Yes 2 Advanced Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Packaged Applications MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) Yes 2 Advanced Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Packaged Applications Visio Yes 2 Intermediate Within 2 Years 2 – 4 Years
Specialties Business Analysis experience to include data flow diagrams, requirements specifications, use case scenarios, and acceptance testing. Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Child Support Enforcement System (CSES) Yes 1 Expert Within 6 Months 6 + Years
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
• Analyze vendor business designs by conducting and participating, with state team and end users in demonstrations and other testing events such as developing scenarios and executing various testing activities to validate state and OCSE requirements coverage and confirm that the system functionality meets end user expectations
• Lead efforts to design, test and validate system interfaces
• Work with Family Court Case Management System (FCCMS) staff to assist in the design, testing and implementation of this system
• Coordinate with counties (county IT offices) to facilitate the implementation and use of the new child support system
• Lead team efforts in system acceptance of PACSS. This will require consulting with stakeholders and assess user involvement and buy-in regarding system functionality and the system’s ability to meet business needs.
• Will be involved in requirements management, such as analyzing, rewording and approval of project requirements for PACSS.
• Approve Business Process analysis reviews which identify differences between current business process and new business processes for PACSS.
• Oversee work performed by SDC and assist with implementation of PACSS.
• Assist with Help Desk operations for PACSS during and after implementation.
• Assist with Phase B requirements for PACSS after implementation