Request ID: IN-8506-1 (99591211)
Child Support BA with SHAREPOINT, training, TFS and judicial system experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12+ Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH THE ENTIRE LIFECYCLE OF LARGE SYSTEMS IMPLEMENTATIONS
• 5+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AS A BUSINESS ANALYST OR TRAINER ON SOFTWARE PROJECTS.
• EXEMPLARY INTERPERSONAL AND PERSONNEL-PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
• ABILITY TO USE MS OFFICE, SHAREPOINT, EFFECTIVELY
• PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE COORDINATING AND/ OR CONDUCTING DISTRIBUTED TRAINING
• STRONG ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE (ORALLY AND WRITTEN) EFFECTIVELY WITH TECHNICAL, NON-TECHNICAL STAFF, CUSTOMERS/STAKEHOLDERS AND EXECUTIVES
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• PREVIOUS FUNCTIONAL EXPERIENCE WITH LARGE JUDICIAL SYSTEMS (3+ YEARS)
• EXPERIENCE WITH MICROSOFT TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER (TFS)
• PREVIOUS MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
Database Platforms MS SharePoint Yes 3 Advanced Within 2 Years 1 – 2 Years
Database Platforms Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2013 No 6 Intermediate Within 2 Years < 1 Year
Education Training Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 2 – 4 Years
Miscellaneous Ability to deal effectively with the needs of technical peers, technical and user management, users, vendors, and staff members, and to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written form Yes 1 Expert Within 2 Years 2 – 4 Years
Packaged Applications MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) Yes 1 Expert Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Program Management Software Development Lifecycle – SDLC Yes 4 Advanced Within 2 Years 2 – 4 Years
Specialties Business Analyst Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Additional Skills: Preferred: PREVIOUS FUNCTIONAL EXPERIENCE WITH LARGE JUDICIAL SYSTEMS (3+ YEARS)
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The business analyst position for the child support system project will be responsible for the following activities:
• Lead the training and coordination of FCCMS Application
• Manage the statewide FCCMS application training rollout
• Communicate training needs and expectations with Counties
• Review and verify the accuracy and applicability of COTS vendor training materials
• Coordinate with State Subject Matter Experts to confirm training meets end user needs.
• Review all relevant vendor documentation including but not limited to training materials, Computer Based Training and design documentation.
• Assist in application test script development and execution
• Review vendor user stories (use cases) and validate requirements coverage.
• Analyze vendor business designs and validate functionality meets approved state requirements.
• Triage incidents discovered during all phases of testing and training. These include defects, design issues and functional scope changes. This includes coordinating with vendor development staff to communicate issues and provide potential solutions.