Job id : PA-567554 (95790701)
CADD/GIS Administrator with AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, CAFM solutions, property and space management Experience
Location: Harrisburg, PA (DHS)
Duration: 9 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
CADD/GIS Administration Experience Required 5 Years
4 year college degree or equivalent technical study Required
Experience with AutoCAD 2016 and Bentley MicroStation floor plan formats Required
Experience gathering information from multiple sources and establishing floor plan standards. Required
Experience related to the consolidation of multiple partial floor plans and building surveying to establish completed floor plans. Required
Experience with CAFM solutions, property & space management, or related fields. Nice to have
The Department of General Services (DGS) has a project to modernize activities currently performed by the Bureau of Real Estate (BRE). BRE is responsible for managing all Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (COPA) state-owned and leased real estate which includes space tracking and occupancy management. BRE currently performs their duties through multiple non-integrated, simple information technology (IT) solutions and paper-driven processes. In the effort to more effectively track and provide real-time building occupancy reporting, the DGS IT Office is implementing a new software-as-a-service (SaaS) product. To complete the modernization of BRE’s business processes and centralization of property data, BRE will need to prepare to integrate their repository of floor plans from AutoCAD to the SaaS solution.
The consultant will assist the DGS Information Technology Office (ITO) and the BRE in converting floor plan files from multiple sources to correctly formatted AutoCAD 2016 files. The consultant will have the supervision and assistance of the DGS IT Real Estate Project Manager and a BRE Space Manager to complete assigned tasks.
Specific duties to include:
• Develop a COPA AutoCAD 2016 standard floor plan drawing template with standardized layer naming, color assignments, line types, and other features consistent with AIA layer conventions. Creation of the standard template must fully comply with the SaaS floor plan file requirements for integration.
• Consult with COPA agencies who are heavy AutoCAD/floor plan users to understand all required floor plan features and discuss COPA standards.
• Update COPA floor plans from Bentley MicroStation, AutoCAD, paper, etc. to the newly established standard floor plan drawing template. This effort will entail the following resolutions:
· Converting all drawings (MicroStation, paper, etc.) to AutoCAD.
· Resolving any layering and/or X-Referenced files to a single drawing (bound) format.
· Surveying buildings to determine locations of interior workspaces and offices.
· Creation of polylines, to define interior workplaces/offices, which currently do not exist in most current floor plans.
· Assignment of interior workspaces and offices identification tags as outlined in the SaaS floor plan requirements.
· Creation of one final master floor plan for each building and floor. This will include resolving multiple versions of the same floor plan by merging, consolidating, and updating them into a single drawing of record for each facility. It will also include finishing incomplete drawings and updating drawings with completed renovations to a finished product with one single accurate updated drawing.
• Communicate proactively, including status reporting, risk management, and issue escalation.
• Must be familiar with AutoCAD 2016 and Bentley MicroStation floor plan formats.
• Must have experience gathering information from multiple sources and establishing floor plan standards.
• Must have work experience related to the consolidation of multiple partial floor plans and building surveying to establish completed floor plans.
• Familiarity with CAFM solutions, property & space management, or related fields is a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years of AutoCAD experience, college degree and/or equivalent technical study.
• AutoCAD resource can work off-site. But will need to come into the office to have initial meetings and regular consultations with BRE and IT staff.
• Some travel will be required during the building survey process. Travel will be within the state of Pennsylvania and would be limited to the time required to complete the building survey.