C# Developer with WPF, PL/SQL, NHibernate/ORM, nUnit, Quartz Enterprise Job Scheduler for .Net, Caliburn Micro WPF, WCF, ClickOnce and Oracle experience
Location: Salt Lake City, UT (In-person Interview at candidate expense)
The State of Utah DEPARTMENT OF TECHNOLOGY SERVICE (DTS) is looking for a talented application developer to join our QCEW/iQ Development group. This team is responsible for developing exportable systems under contract with the DEPARTMENT OF WORKFORCE SERVICES (DWS) and the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
We are in the process of converting multiple legacy systems that are used to manage the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages. The replacement application is being built using C#, WPF, WCF, and NHibernate with data stored in a Oracle database. We need a developer who can successfully implement required functionality using these technologies.
The systems to be developed are key in the collection and dissemination of labor market statistics. They include data collection, auditing, accuracy, query and reporting functions.
This position requires expertise in desktop application development and architecture. Experience in Oracle database development and structured testing is also helpful.
Incumbent will be responsible for converting existing functionality and developing new features for the QCEW/iQ system. This will include designing and developing front end screens, class models, back end business rules, and oracle stored procedures.
The interview process will require the candidate to be onsite for an in person interview at the candidates expense.For this position the candidate will be required to be onsite during standard work hours.
● Extensive Experience with C# in a production environment
● Demonstrable skill at desktop application development with WPF
● Object oriented development
● Solid understanding of software design patterns
● Experience writing inline queries or stored procedures using P/L SQL
● Recent experience using NHibernateor similar ORM framework
● Unit and integration testing with Microsoft testing tools, nUnit or similar framework
● Good communication skills
● Work onsite in Salt Lake City, Utah
Desired Skills & Experience
● Experience with Quartz Enterprise Job Scheduler for .Net
● Experience wtih the Caliburn Micro WPF framework
● Experience with WCF
● Experience with ClickOnce deployment
● Database experience ideally with Oracle
● Deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
● Plan, organize and prioritize time and workload in order to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines
● Communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing
● Coordinate the activities or tasks of people, groups and/or organization(s
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
Following is the anticipated schedule for this announcement:
● Responses Received by: 5pm, Monday, Sept 30
● Telephone Interviews: Oct. 1-4th
● On site interviews (if required): Tuesday, Oct. 8th
● Hiring decision and vendor notifications: Not later than Friday,Oct. 11th
● Start date: Not later than Monday, November 4th.
Interested parties must reply to this email with the words "9.24.13.r.1 C#/WPF Software Developer" in the Subject Line by 5:00P.M.Monday, September 30, 2013.
Please include the following information in your email submission for each candidate:
1. Candidate’s Name
2. Fully Loaded Hourly Rate Bid Amount (not to exceed the amount in your State of Utah contract for the Dot Net Desktop/WPF Developer Role).
3. Candidate’s Resume
4. A minimum of two (2) work references that can be contacted by telephone who can verify recent work experience and validate skills and expertise.