Business/System Analyst with COBOL, SQL, Case Management, QA Testing, documentation and reporting experience
Location: Austin TX
Duration: 12 months
• Analyzes the case management system application to troubleshoot and resolve problems reported by customers, analyze trends, and recommend improvements or new modules. Assists in the design, development, and maintenance of various computer applications.
• Analyzes and tests new or existing procedures, information systems, or utility programs for efficiency and effectiveness. Evaluates and recommends action on testing and certification of software and hardware upgrades.
• Assists with development and creation of automated management information reports and ad hoc queries.
• Conducts surveys, investigations, or internal audits to determine compliance with requirements, laws and policies; evaluates findings; and prepares administrative reports or studies.
• Determines operational, technical, and support requirements for the location, installation, operation, and maintenance of data processing, data communications, word processing, and other office equipment and systems.
• Prepares standardized operating procedures, working papers and technical documentation as assigned. Prepares charts, diagrams, tables, reports, and flowcharts.
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
2 Ability to use, analyze, and maintain case management system or a comparable production system.
2 Skill in coordinating and solving complex systems issues and in troubleshooting hardware and software systems.
2 Knowledge of techniques for interviewing staff to gather information, determine business needs, and satisfy business requirements.
2 Experience with development and creation of automated management information reports and ad hoc queries.
2 Ability to create and run COBOL and SQL (Structured Query Language) queries to produce Management Information Reports.
2 Experience analyzing, and testing new or existing procedures, information systems, or utility programs for efficiency and effectiveness before moving applications into the production environment.