Job ID: TX-52990000008071R (98090219)
Business/Data Analyst/PM with workflow, modeling, mapping, MS Project/Visio, Data Analytics/Lake/Warehousing and TX DIR Project Delivery Framework experience
Location: Austin TX (HHSC)
Duration: 6 months
5 Hands-on experience as a business analysis in the Information Technology industry demonstrating excellent documentation skills.
5 Demonstrated ability to work successfully with technical and non-technical groups on complex business problems, analyzing and evaluating current business methods and procedures for improvements including exhibiting strong oral and written communications skills.
5 Experience with developing workflow and/or data management processes flow using modeling or mapping software.
5 Expertise with the with MS Office Suite including MS Word, MS Excel (pivot tables, charts, graphs), MS Project (creating and maintaining work plans and timelines), MS/Visio (diagraming) and MS PowerPoint (presentation creation)..
3 Experience creating and maintaining project documentation, PMLC and SDLC documentation.
3 Experience designing and creating graphical diagrams utilized to communicate project or event timelines.
3 Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and interviews – adherence to meeting agenda, documentation of meeting outcomes, and the ability to drive agenda items to closure.
Yes Ability to communicate effectively, develop professional networks, and identify internal and external risk that may impact project activities.
Yes Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business or equivalent experience
Yes Strong multi-tasking skills involving the specific ability to work on multiple projects or project assignments.
5+ Experience in project management or project coordination roles and working with the complete project management lifecycle (PMLC). Ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience with the State of Texas DIR Project Delivery Framework.
Yes Prior experience on data analytics, data lake, or data warehousing projects.
Yes Experience working in a public-sector environment (State, Federal, county, city, or government funded private entities that work actively with government organizations)
HHSC IT is currently in the planning stage of an HHS Data and Analytics initiative with a goal to accomplish the following:
• Development and publication of project management documents and deliverables in compliance with DIR Framework directives;
• Conduct an assessment of HHS data analytics and reporting needs.
• Creation of an RFP that clearly defines the services and deliverables required of a single vendor to design and implement the data and analytics solution;
• Obtainment of matching federal funds for this initiative through the development of federally approved IAPD(s);
• Implementation of an HHS Performance Measurement solution pilot.
Worker responsibilities may include:
• Facilitate and/or manage the creation of project documentation as needed for the scope of projects.
• Work with significant creativity and latitude to draft comprehensive and concise project management and funding request documents for complex IT system and services procurements, compliant with all rules, policies, and guidance.
• Ability to prepare documentation according to standard templates, using clear, concrete, and concise language.
• Scheduling and facilitation of meetings.
• Documentation of meeting proceedings including publication and distribution of meeting minutes.
• Development and maintenance of business, systems and/or project documentation in coordination with other team members.
• Creation and maintenance of diagrams and charts as assigned.
• Perform project management coordination tasks as assigned.
• Perform audits and reviews of project documentation deliverables as assigned.
• Identification of key business functions and stakeholders to participate in workgroup assignments.
• Support Project Manager(s) and Director in the execution of project management activities.
• Conduct review sessions with various project stakeholders and executive management.
• Consulting with technical or functional experts at all levels to obtain requirements and develop solution proposals.
• Other duties as assigned.