Business Analyst/PM with MS Office/Project/Visio, SharePoint, QA Testing and government experience
Location: Raleigh, NC
Duration: 12 months
The North Carolina Department of State Treasurer is seeking to fill a 12 month contractor assignment. The selected candidate will fill the role of Project Manager and Business Analyst for the Firefighter’s and Rescue Workers’ change implementation and will report to the Director of Retirement.
Session Law 2013-284 (House Bill 327) institutes significant changes to the Firefighter’s and Rescue Workers’ Pension Fund. These changes will entail modifications to operational activities and business processes, information systems, and training and education for external entities.
The selected candidate will work with business and IT staff to document requirements, build project plans, and manage the implementation of new business processes and modifications to automated systems in support of functions.
• BS/BA degree in MIS, IT, CIS, general business or related field.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in business analysis and project management with demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams.
• Ability to effectively communicate across business, technical and executive management.
• Ability to effectively coordinate and integrate the work of various business areas and IT teams.
• Expert knowledge and proficiency in application of Business Analysis and Project Management.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently build and manage work breakdown structures, scheduling with critical path, and risk management plans.
• Consulting and problem solving skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Excel, and SharePoint.
• Proficiency in other office automation tools such as Word, Power Point, and Visio.
• Experience managing the system testing process
• Project reporting and Executive briefing
• Minimum of (5) five years of experience working with NC State government
• Experience with North Carolina pension and/or disability benefits programs
• Experience with Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence