Job ID: WA-K1782 (90090115)
Business Analyst with training planning, user stories/use cases, RTM, workflows and PM experience
Location: 6400 Linderson Way SW Tumwater, WA (WA State Department of Revenue)
Duration: 18 months
Positions: 1 (1/1)
BUSINESS ANALYST WORK REQUIREMENTS
• Establishing regular liaison engagements with the business and between business and IT staff to facilitate the collection of requirements or other BA deliverables; and
• Work collaboratively with the DOR and UCP Solution and implementation Vendor team members; and
• Attend and actively participate in project team meeting(s); and
• Report issues and risks to the DOR UCPR Project Manager, including recommended resolutions and mitigations; and
• Receive approval from the DOR UCPR Project Manager on the status report templates and level of detail to be used for the monthly status report; and
• Developing Requirements Gathering Plan outlining the approach, requirements type to be gathered key resource needs, and other elements as needed; and
• Developing Training Plan outlining the training approach for training internal users on the new systems; and
• Developing user stories or cases detailing and supporting requirements; and
• Maintaining a full traceability matrix of all requirements, through acceptance; and
• Performing stakeholder liaison activities including facilitating various discussions, sessions, and presentations for all levels of staff; and
• Developing/performing various training and coordination activities, as identified throughout the project; and
• Track progress of requirements gathered against requirements plan and project schedule.
Deliver a monthly status report to the UCPR Project Manager and Project Director by the fifth working day of each month reporting on work activities for the previous month.
Professional level documentation and supporting diagrams, workflows, or images demonstrating successful solicitation of business and technical requirements from business stakeholders, information technology staff, business and technical sponsors, policy managers, security professionals, Bidder or other consultant staff.
Arranging, facilitating, and setting up materials and environment for project meetings for all levels of staff and project purposes including but not limited to business requirements gathering, coordination of business analysis activities with business and technology staff, coordination with testers, project responses to various oversight entities, or other purposes as directed by the UCPR Project Manager.
Creating and presenting presentations on various business and technical topics of information created or gathered, including but not limited to business requirements, technical requirements, solution options, workflows, processes, high level technical architecture, data solutions, security topics, project schedules, project status, etc.
Developing and conducting business and technical training materials towards the successful completion of the UCPR project.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Washington State Department of Revenue (“DOR”) is seeking a well-qualified independent consultant to provide Professional Expert Level IT Business Analysis (BA) services for the Unclaimed Property Replacement (UCPR) project. The role of the BA consultant will be to elicit and document the business, functional, security, and technical requirements at a level of detail needed for inclusion in the solicitation to purchase a new hosted or on-premises commercial Unclaimed Property solution and professional services to support the implementation. It is DOR’s intention that all entities maintain a positive working relationship and work together to keep the project moving forward recognizing and correcting problems early. The BA is expected to provide ongoing professional BA advice counsel and recommendations to the UCPR Project Director, Project Manager, Executive Sponsor, Steering Committee, and key resource owners. The BA consultant will report to the UCPR Project Manager.