Business Analyst with PeopleSoft Financials, PeopleTools, Testing, upgrade and SOA experience
Location: ANDERSON SC
Duration: 8 months
Contractor Knowledge and Skills
The contractor must have at least a bachelor’s degree in a field of study related to computing, mathematics, or business and at least six years of experience with the PeopleSoft Enterprise Financials suite of applications and the PeopleTools suite of tools. The contractor must have proven experience and expertise with the following:
• Upgrading from FMS 9.0 to FMS 9.2 • FMS 9.2 modules: Commitment Control, General Ledger, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Billing.
• PeopleTools 8.53 suite of tools including but not limited to PeopleCode, Application Engine, Integration Broker, XML Publisher, SQR, Data Mover, and Query, Crystal Reports, nVision reports, and PeopleSoft Test Framework.
• Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Cllient seeks consulting assistance for the following phases of the upgrade from FMS version 9.0 to version 9.2:
• Business Analysis and Fit-Gap Lead – work with Cllient’s Business Process Leads and members of the Steering Committee to comparatively review business processes and the delivered system to determine minimal customizations for a system that works effectively for Cllient’s business areas.
• Testing Lead – work with Cllient’s Testing Leads and QA team to build test scenarios to adequately test Cllient’s business processes.
Business Process Review
• The contractor will lead the Cllient team in a review of current business processes and document “as is” flow diagrams.
• The contractor will lead the Cllient team to review and discuss goals, and objectives of each process as well as any issues, problems, or inefficiencies associated with each.
The contractor will prepare a written summary and will present this document to the Cllient team. The document will address the following:
Review findings of the “as is” process flows
Recommended “to be” process flows along with perceived outcomes and improvements
• The contractor will lead the Cllient team in a review of current system setup, configuration, and software.
• The contractor will lead the Cllient team to review and discuss drivers, costs, and benefits of each customization.
• The contractor will prepare a written summary and will present this document to the Cllient team. The document will address the following:
o Review findings of the current system setup, configuration, and software
o Recommendations that will allow the Cllient team to reduce the amount of custom setup, configuration, and/or software needed to produce a system that works effectively for Cllient’s business areas.
Test Scenario Development
• The contractor will lead the Cllient Testing Leads and Quality Assurance team in documenting a repository of test scenarios for the Financials system.
• Work should be prioritized by business process usage, expenditure approvals, and visibility.
• All new features and displayed objects should be well tested or madde unavailable for use.
• The overall repository of test scenarios should include both positive and negative tests as needed — especially for widely used or highly visible processes.
• The contractor will lead the Cllient Testing Leads and Quality Assurance team to build and execute these test scenarios in the PeopleSoft Test Framework tool.
• Tests should be built to use automated regression testing for each move to production pass.
• A transfer of knowledge is expected between the contractor and the Cllient teams.