Job Id: PA-558494 (93590414)
Business Analyst with Networking Communications, documentation, Service / Help Desk and End User Technologies/Network Communications experience
Location: Harriburg, PA
Duration: 12 Months
Required / Desired Skills
Developing, enhancing, and maintaining technical documentation Required 4 Years
4 year college degree or equivalent technical study Highly desired
Experience in a Business Analyst or hands on experience in one of the following: Server Technologies; End User Technologies or Network Communications Required 4 Years
Ability to understand and then explain highly technical information. Required
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio Required
Excellent writing skills in the English language Required
Experience working on a Service / Help Desk Nice to have
Microsoft certifications Required
Summary: The PTC is looking for an individual to document procedures, knowledgebase articles, runbooks, and other technical documentation. This individual will be responsible for conducting interviews to gather information from the technical teams and then producing the appropriate documentation that will be used by our end users and first level helpdesk to reduce the number of calls that need to be escalated to second level support. The ideal candidate will be familiar with network communications, server, desktop, mobile, and end user technologies.
Project Description: The PTC is engaging in a project to improve its end user and Service Desk documentation.
Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities will include
• Write and post knowledgebase articles within ServiceNow
• Conduct interviews with technical staff to gather information on procedures
• Review help desk ticket history to identify opportunities for Knowledgebase articles
• Determine the needs of end users for technical documentation
• Identifies business and technical documentation needs not currently addressed.
• Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
• Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
• Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
• Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
• Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
• Train helpdesk staff on the delivered documentation
• Create operating instructions, how-to manuals, assembly instructions, and “frequently asked questions” pages to help technical support staff, consumers, and other users.
• Recommend best practices and improvements to our existing environment
• Develop standards and documentation of current and new processes
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be available onsite during normal business hours.
• Travel is not required
• Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.