Job ID: MNSITE-1606 (99990830)
BA Lead (IIBA) with SDLC, materials testing and LIMS experience
Location: St Paul, MN
Duration: 9+ months
• Five (5) years’ experience Business Analyst role
o A Master’s degree substitutes for three years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree substitutes for two years, or an Associate’s degree substitutes for one year
• Two (2) engagements lasting more than six (6) months in Business Analyst role
• Experience with all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Lead BA experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Services
• Business Analyst Certification (IIBA certification or equivalent)
• Experience in laboratory environments, preferably materials testing.
• Experience with Lab Information Management Systems, preferably LabVantage.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
• Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely. Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
• Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements specifying an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements.
• Identify the current- and future-state business processes; define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
• Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
• Participate in requirements prioritization and facilitate the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders.
• Analyze and document business requirements and required data to deliver work products throughout the project life cycle.
• Translate business requirements to System/Functional specifications, and pass them on to Application Developers.
• Coordinate Business Validation to verify that a set of end-to-end business processes function as intended.
• Work with the product manager or project sponsor to document the product’s vision and the project’s scope.
• Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents and work products derived from those documents to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
• Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
• Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
• Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates.