Request ID: IN- 8076-1 (96090531)
Business Analyst/Technical Writer with SQL Server and BA certification
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12 Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS GATHERING
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
SOFTWARE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
1. Work with the project manager to plan and deliver meetings and collaborative sessions with the agency’s appointed project stakeholders.
2. Proactively facilitate, communicate, and collaborate with external and internal entities to analyze information needs and document such needs.
3. Work collaboratively with stakeholders to elicit requirements using document analysis of project templates, phone interviews, on-line workshops/webinars, surveys, and occasionally on-site visits.
4. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish unique requests from the underlying true needs.
5. Participate in the writing, editing, and finalization of the business requirements and test plans and any other project documentation that is required.
6. Identify, escalate and propose timely solutions to any and all issues which pose risks to either the on-time completion or to the quality and completeness of the project.
8. Report project progress weekly to Director, Project and Application Management and the Project Manager.
Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1 Intermediate Currently Using 1 – 2 Years
Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 2 Intermediate Currently Using 1 – 2 Years
Database Platforms MS SQL No 2 Intermediate Within 6 Months 1 – 2 Years
Miscellaneous Analytical Skills Yes 1 Intermediate Currently Using 1 – 2 Years
Specialties Business Analysis experience to include data flow diagrams, requirements specifications, use case scenarios, and acceptance testing. Yes 3 Intermediate Within 6 Months 1 – 2 Years
Specialties Demonstrates ability to understand software requirements Yes 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 1 – 2 Years
Specialties Application Development No 2 Intermediate Within 6 Months 1 – 2 Years