Job ID: MNSITE-1400 (99990225)
Business Analyst (CBAP) with use cases, wireframes, UI design, T-SQL, ERD, role based security, documentation, TFS, Visio and Corrections/Judicial/Law Enforcement experience
Location: St Paul MN (DOC Corrections)
Duration: 24 months
Positions: 1 (1/1)
• Five (5) years’ experience in a Business Analyst role for application development
• Two (2) engagements lasting at least (1) year in a Business Analyst role in application development
• Three (3) years’ experience writing Use Cases
• Three (3) year experience creating wireframes or other UI design prototypes
• Two (2) years’ experience writing T-SQL statements
• Two (2) years’ experience creating conceptual data diagrams (ERD or other)
• Two (2) years’ experience writing requirements for a system with role based security
• Two (2) years’ experience writing functional requirements for a web based application
• Experience documenting requirements for a system re-write
• Lead BA experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent
• Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) certification (or equivalent)
• Experience using TFS
• Experience using Visio
• Experience using Microsoft Office
• Experience working with Corrections, Judicial, or Law Enforcement Agencies
• Elicit requirements using a variety of methods such as interviews, policy analysis, systems analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process modeling sessions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, cross agency analysis, and competitive product analysis.
• Write requirements according to standard templates used for High Level Requirements, Use Cases, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Process Models, Use Case Models, Data Conversion Specifications, and Wireframes using plain language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
• Decompose and document high-level business and user requirements into functional and system requirements; specifying an appropriate level of detail for the development team, architects, and quality assurance.
• Identify the current- and future-state business processes; define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
• Participate in peer reviews to provide and obtain feedback on drafted requirements.
• Lead requirement review sessions with the project team to verify requirements are valid, understood, and ready for development.
• Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
• Participate in requirements prioritization and facilitate the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders. Ensure scope of requirements do not exceed project scope.
• Work with the product sponsor and project manager to document the product’s vision and the project’s scope.
• Provide knowledge transfer.