BO/Crystal Reports Developer with Oracle/SQL Server and ETL (Datastage/SSIS) experience
Location: Austin TX
Duration: 10 months
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
5 Development of reports using Crystal Reports
5 Development and tuning of complex SQL scripts, store procedures and package development in large scale database projects.
3 Supporting application integration using SAP Business Objects SDK
3 Testing and implementation of standard and ad hoc reports
3 Oracle Stored Procedures
Degree or Equivalent Bachelors or Associate degree in IT discipline. 10+ years in software development desired. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
2 ETL (Datastage or SSIS) design and implementation experience
The TSDS Business Objects/Crystal Reports Developer positions will be responsible for developing business/validation reports using Business Objects reporting and dashboarding capabilities. Must be able to work with business users to obtain business and functional requirements and then translate those requirements into stored procedures and subsequent reports. Develop, test and implement standard and ad hoc reports that enable data driven decisions. Must have solid experience in using Business Objects, server based relational databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server), validation of results through existing data sets, performing data queries and working with multiple databases. The Crystal developer will work closely with staff to learn the TSDS infrastructure, architecture, components and application in order to perform required technical tasks to perform project scope, data discovery, development of SQL script, report development, and testing of developed solutions.
• Experience in development of reports using Crystal Reports or similar tool.
• Experience in development and tuning of complex SQL scripts, store procedures and package development in large scale database projects.
• Experience supporting application integration using SAP Business Objects SDK
• Prefer ETL (Datastage or SSIS) design and implementation experience
• Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
This position is responsible for senior level software development work on the TSDS (Texas Student Data System) components and applications. The developer will work closely with staff to learn the new infrastructure, architecture, components and application in order to perform required technical tasks to enhance, maintain and support the new TSDS system and deploy the applications and components to production. Utilize application development skills using Business Objects and Crystal Report in Windows/Oracle database environment. The developer must prioritize their daily tasks to ensure all tasks are completed accurately and timely.
• Responsible for performing many phases of the software development lifecycle including technical research, requirements analysis, high level and technical design, implementation of enhancements to the TSDS project, unit testing and deployment using Business Objects, Crystal Report in Window/Oracle Database environment.
• Work involves planning and analyzing user requirements and workflow to automate processing and to improve existing systems.
• Work requires communication directly with the technical team, users, project managers and other team members (business analyst, tester, SCM staff and technical writer, etc.).
• Perform other related work as assigned. Work under minimum supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
• Creativity and strong attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines as necessary
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers
• Desire to learn new skills and improve