Job ID: MI-622792 (95490219)
Automation Tester with SQL server, TFS, Azure DevOps, CMMI, agile and Visio experience
Location: Lansing, MI(MDE)
Duration: 12 months
Interview: In Person only
Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies. Required 3 Years
Ability to communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management. Required 3 Years
Query database to validate test results Required 3 Years
Microsoft SQL Server Required 3 Years
Microsoft Team Foundation Server/Azure DevOps Highly desired 2 Years
Strong facilitation, written and communication skills. Highly desired 2 Years
Proficiency with Microsoft Visio Highly desired 1 Years
Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and related methodologies (e.g. CMMI, Agile, or other similar industry standards) Highly desired 1 Years
Knowledge of automatic testing tools compatible with Microsoft technologies. Highly desired 6 Months
The person in this role will work closely with business users and the internal and external project teams to analyze business requirements to create project test scenarios and provide feedback on the actual system implementation of the business logic. You will create test plans, test cases, and will participate in user acceptance testing to ensure that the highest quality products are released to production. These are for multiple, concurrent projects. Some are in the maintenance phase, and some are new development.
Projected tasks are:
• Conduct test entry reviews and record and document test results
• Manage all aspects of User Acceptance Testing
• Participate in business requirements documentation reviews to extract test scenarios
• Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet:
o business requirements and systems goals
o fulfill end-user requirements
o identify existing or potential issues
• Work closely with the Projects Group to replicate customer issues and application use cases
Projects are for Health and Nutrition Services which has 3 .NET developers using Agile development:
MIND – A web forms application being re-written in .NET core, which is a Claims and Reimbursement System, supporting the Child Nutrition Programs offered by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Gateway – A .NET Core application which interacts with multiple disparate systems, to improve the user experience for consumers of the MDE Child Nutrition web applications.
An in-person interview will be required for new hire
Desired Start Date would be February 3, 2020. Start date/time is flexible.
– Minimum 3 years direct experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
– Minimum 3 years direct experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
– Minimum 3 years experience with core software applications, including Microsoft web and client/server applications.
– Minimum 3 years direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs (Microsoft SQL Server required), reporting software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.