Request ID: BL-9711-1 (911290203)
Atlassian Systems Administrator (Jira/Confluence) with Bamboo, Bitbucket, cloud, tool migration, licensing, SQL, Agile/Waterfall, change management experience and Jira Server/Project, Confluence certification
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12 Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
No certification is required, however Atlassian certifications are preferred:
• Atlassian Certified Jira Server Administrator
• Atlassian Certified Jira Project Administrator
• Atlassian Certified Confluence Administrator
• Atlassian Certified System Administrator
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 3 years’ experience working with on-premises Atlassian products
• 3 years’ experience working with Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket, and associated plug-ins/integrations
• Experience with Jira, Confluence, Bamboo deployment, configuration, and administration
• Familiarity with Atlassian cloud product configuration and support
• Experience with Atlassian tool migration (e.g. from one server to another, server to cloud, etc.)
• Experience with Atlassian product licensing methodology
• Experience providing reports out of Jira, both natively and via SQL query
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with business and technical team members
• Ability to clearly and regularly communicate task/project status
• Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
• Demonstrable competence with general programming/scripting
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Understanding of software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
• Experience providing support to users of various technical understanding levels
• Experience configuring products based on a provided requirements document
• Experience with application monitoring and alerting
• Experience interacting with enterprise change management processes, including presentation to a Change Approval Board
• Ability to self-prioritize tasks and projects based on understanding of user needs and impacts to teams
Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Equivalent (4 years’) related experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
Remote Work Availability: 0%
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The SCDHHS Office of Systems Development (OSD) is seeking one (1) Atlassian Systems Administrator to support the Atlassian tools being used by the agency’s major software development and implementation projects, including Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, and Bitbucket.
This indivudal will manage and perform all aspects of Atlassian tool deployment, configuration, customization, operations, monitoring, and support. Additionally, the incumbent will work to train and perform knowledge transfer to state staff who will ultimately assume responsibility for the Atlassian systems upon contract end.
The Atlassian Systems Administrator will report to the Member Management Replacement Program (MMRP) Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Program Manager.
OBJECTIVES TO BE FULFILLED BY CANDIDATE:
This individual will serve as the Atlassian Systems Administrator for the SCDHHS Office of Systems Development, supporting the Atlassian tools in use by the agency’s ongoing development and implementation projects, including Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket, and related plugins/extensions/tools. SCDHHS uses Atlassian tools for issue/enhancement tracking, task tracking, test tracking, requirements traceability, technical and operational documentation, and code management.
Candidates for this position must be capable of performing all aspects of Atlassian tool deployment, configuration, customization, operations, monitoring, and support. This includes but is not limited to:
• Product installation and maintenance
• Regular version upgrades, following the agency’s change management processes
• Monitoring and incident response/communications
• End-user support and training, as needed
• Subject matter expertise for Atlassian tools and plug-ins
• Maintaining an awareness of the agency’s license agreements with Atlassian and notifying management of upcoming expiration/renewals
• Installing and configuring plug-ins/extensions
• Configuring the tools based on team needs
• Building and providing dashboards and reports
• Identifying opportunities for integration with other tools in use and performing that integration (notifications to Microsoft Teams or Slack, integration with Outlook, etc.)
A major objective for the first few months of this contract is migration/merging of legacy Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo instances into new instances on later, supported versions and servers.