Job ID: WA-1924-724 (915090610)3P
Acuity’s Sage 500/VB Developer with .net, VSS/TFS, MS Access, C#, SSRS, SSIS and ACH/governmental accounting experience
Location: Olympia WA (Washington State Department of Social and Health Services)
Duration: 24-60 months
Resume: 6 pages max
Mandatory Experience and Qualifications:
1. The developer must have at least 10 years of experience in in developing and maintaining large-scale and complex computer information systems.
2. The developer must have at least 8 years of experience with Visual Basic 6, Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2008/2016, source control tools (such as Visual Source Safe or Team Foundation Server), Microsoft Access, and expert level experience with database design and development.
3. The developer must have at least 5 years of experience with the Acuity’s Sage 500 system which is a commercial off the shelf (COTS) accounts receivable system.
4. The developer must have at least 5 years of experience with governmental accounting, payment, interest, cash processing and invoicing processes.
5. The developer must have at least 2 years of experience with electronic payments using bank account debit with Automated Clearing House (ACH).
Highly Desired Experience and Qualifications:
1. Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft ASP.Net, C#, and VB.Net development.
2. Working knowledge and experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
3. Working knowledge and experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
4. Knowledge of DSHS specific business processes related to accounting, payment, cash processing, interest and invoicing.
The State of Washington, Department of Social & Health Services, hereafter called "DSHS," is initiating this procurement to solicit proposals from firms interested in providing an application development and support contractor.
DSHS is seeking an expert contract developer to support DSHS strategic initiatives regarding automation and improvement of collections and accounting for monies within DSHS. The developer will work in the Financial Applications Unit (FAU) within the Technology Services Division (TSD) of DSHS. The FAU provides support for agency-wide financial applications including account receivables, cash receipting, budget reporting, grant management, tax reporting, local funds, garnishments and others. These applications performs a significant amount of financial data processing and have interfaces with many other agencies such as Health Care Authority (HCA), Administrative of the Courts (AOC), State Treasurer’s Office (STO), Employment Security Department (ESD), Office of Financial Management (OFM) and Department of Children, Youth and Family (DCYF).
Scope of Work
The expert developer will perform system development and maintenance activities in the commercial off the shelf (COTS) Collection & Accounts Receivable System (CARS) called SAGE500. This includes providing maintenance and support for the data interfaces between DSHS TSD and partner programs and divisions within DSHS as well as external agencies such as HCA, AOC, STO, ESD, OFM and DCYF. The expert developer will be responsible for production support of the described system and all of its related components and subsystems including developing code, scripts, extracts and other artifacts required to solve issues, incidents and/or improvements. The expert developer will also be involved in system upgrade testing and validation procedures and also working with end-users or departments on technical issues including system and database design and maintenance.