Job ID: NC-634885 (95990831)
O365/Windows Architect/PM with SharePoint, Azure AD, SQL Server, IIS and PowerShell experience
Location: Raleigh NC (WTCC)
Duration: 6+ months (only GC USC)
Interview: Either Webcam Interview or In Person
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Currently Remote . Once staff return to site they expect this candidate to work onsite full time.
PM exp implementing and maintaining O365 solutions that focus on workflow, document management, and content creation for web-focused business team Required 5 Years
Experience with Microsoft SharePoint Required 3 Years
Experience of Microsoft Security using Active Directory, Azure AD, and Office 365 Online groups Required 5 Years
Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and network concepts Required 3 Years
Experience in the development of technical and user documentation Required 3 Years
Basic scripting and development skills using PowerShell Required 3 Years
Ability to identify deficient processes/procedures and assist in the development and implementation of solutions Required 3 Years
**THIS IS A TEMP TO PERM POSITION. After the initial contract engagement the manager would like to hire the contractor full time. The salary for the full time position is $74,400 per year. Wake Tech Community College is not able to offer sponsorship for the full time role. Only candidates available to work full time without sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties (*Essential Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described.
– *Identify, research, recommend, and implement Office 365 solutions and applications such as Teams, Flow, PowerApps, OneDrive, Forms, Bookings, SharePoint, etc.
– *Serve as an ITS point of contact regarding new requests related to Microsoft applications and solutions to meet business needs
– *Develop, maintain and update Office 365 governance documentation
– *Provide second level support services to staff, faculty and students for complex, technical and configuration issues related to Office 365 applications
– *Implement compliance and enforce ownership of applications and site content with stakeholders
– *Develop and maintain scripts used to manage\support the Office 365 environment for multiple applications
– *Partner with ITS and other workgroups for the integration and testing of applications that support Office 365 solutions
– *Manage Office 365 security administration in collaboration with the Cybersecurity team
– Stay current on Office 365 changes, updates and new Microsoft releases for Office 365 and related products
– Provide system support and maintain uptime as defined within the IT acceptable standards
– Define requirements and scope for project implementations
– Ensure effective use of existing applications and deliver new solutions on time and with high quality
– Perform application maintenance, e.g. system parameters, user permissions, etc.
– Ensure compliance with license agreements and provide input into contract(s) for the College’s Microsoft Enterprise Agreement and other Microsoft applications
– Provide training to ITS support staff on O365 applications in order to address HD calls; also provide needed training on O365 applications to end users in conjunction with project related implementations
– Identify, research, recommend, and implement Microsoft applications outside of the Office 365 suite
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Project management experience implementing and maintaining Office 365 solutions that focus on workflow, document management, and content creation for web-focused business teams.
– Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
– Knowledge of Microsoft Security using Active Directory, Azure AD, and Office 365 Online groups
– Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and network concepts
– Experience in the development of technical and user documentation
– Basic scripting and development skills using PowerShell
– Demonstrated focus on customer service skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a wide variety of audiences
– Ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines and high client expectations
– Strong analytical, project management, customer service, and team-oriented interpersonal skills
– Critical thinking and problem determination skills
– Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and web-browsers
– Ability to identify deficient processes/procedures and assist in the development and implementation of solutions
– Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
At least 3 years’ experience in Information Technologies, or another related area with experience supporting Office 365 applications
Associates Degree in an IT related field
At least 5 years’ experience in Information Technologies, or another related area with experience supporting Office 365 applications in a higher education environment.
One or more Microsoft O365 Certifications such as Developer Associate, Modern Desktop Administrator Associate, Teamwork Administrator Associate, Fundamentals or Enterprise Administrator
ITIL Foundation Certification